Discover the Health Benefits of Viva Olives Australian Grown and Produced Table Olive and Extra Virgin Olive Oil products.
Extra virgin olive oil is the pure juice of olives obtained by first cold press. We don’t produce olive oil any other way. Viva’s table olives are naturally fermented.
EVOO is the HEALTHIEST OF ALL OILS!
Did you know there is a wide range of evidence-based and scientifically proven health benefits, related to EVOO;
25-50mls of EVOO each day gives you major health benefits:
- live longer
- helps prevent diabetes
- helps prevent Alzheimer’s
- helps prevent arthritis
- helps prevent neurodegenerative disease
- reduces the risk of cancer
- stabilises mood
……Plus it tastes great too!
Rich in Antioxidants
EVOO contains many health-giving antioxidants, including over 20 different phenols as well as Vitamin E, which work to neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are produced by many of the chemical reactions that take place in the body. Free radicals are unpaired electrons which ricochet around inside your body and damage good cells. The Antioxidants found in EVOO neutralise free radicals in your body and stop them from damaging your health and reduce inflammation.
Essential Antioxidants for Good Health…it even has Vitamin E
EVOO contains polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent the build-up of the cholesterol plaque which clogs blood vessels (atherosclerosis). Polyphenols are not found in heat-treated or refined olive oils such as ‘Pure’ or ‘Light’ and seed oils such as sunflower, canola or corn oil.
Extra virgin olive oil contains useful amounts of Vitamin E, another valuable antioxidant, which further fights against free radicals and assists in repairing damaged cells in your body.
How include Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the diet
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a perfect pairing for salads, raw or roasted vegetables, drizzled over pasta dishes, added to sauces, used in general cooking or incorporated when baking as a healthy substitute for butter or other fats. A milder EVOO such as Viva’s Late Harvest EVOO is best for baking.
Extra virgin olive oil has a high smoking point and remains stable at high temperatures it is suitable for:
Cooking with Viva Early Harvest Olive Oil
- Sprinkle over salads or cooked vegetables to enhance their fresh flavour.
- Brush over kebabs, chops, steaks or chicken before grilling.
- Whisk up a healthy salad dressing with three parts oil to one part vinegar or lemon juice.
- Swirl onto creamy hot soups or chilled summer soups – a must for minestrone.
- Experiment with this lightly fruity oil in spicy dishes.
- Toss through freshly cooked pasta, with garlic and parsley.
- Dip fresh crusty bread or toast in oil instead of using butter. (For something different add salt, balsamic vinegar, chilli sauce or crushed garlic.)
Cooking with Viva Late Harvest Olive Oil
- Brush vegetables and meat with oil and season with salt, pepper and herbs before roasting.
- Use olive oil for delicious, healthy stir-fries.
- Replace butter and margarine with olive oil in your baking, using slightly less.
- The milder flavour of our Late Harvest olive oil is perfect with grilled or baked seafood.
- Because olive oil can be heated to a higher temperature than other oils, fried foods are more crisp and golden and absorb less oil.
- Replace less healthy polyunsaturated fats in your Asian cooking with this healthy monounsaturated extra virgin olive oil.
Cooking with Viva Olives
- With their delicious flavours, Viva olives can be served as a tasty snack on their own.
- Toss onto a tapas or antipasto platter for easy entertaining.
- Add colour and flavour to your salads.
- Add authentic flavour to traditional pasta and pizza dishes with Viva premium or spiced olives.
- Remember to handle olives with a clean spoon or tongs to preserve their freshness and exquisite flavours.
- Refrigerate after opening